This chicken season doesn’t end when the snow starts to fall! A whole new set of complications, concerns, and tips should be on your radar as the temperatures drop, and we’ve compiled some of our favorite articles here to help you through it all.
PLUS, learn how you could win a handmade chicken-shaped nose warmer, see below!
2. Here are 14 tips for keeping chickens warm this winter that don’t involve a heat lamp.
3. Here’s what you should know about frostbite and chicken combs.
4. Here’s what you should know about chickens molting in the winter and being without feathers while it’s cold.
6. Fresh fruit and vegetable scraps provide a little needed sunshine in the dead of winter.
7. Consider making suet cakes for your birds.
8. Learn these easy boredom-buster hacks!
9. Be inspired by this gorgeous coop:
10. Or this one:
11. Or any of the cool coops listed on this page:
12. Grow some fresh treats such as fodder seed blend.
13. Learn to love some of the many “gifts” chickens give us:
14. Learn how to battle “coop fever”:
15. Indulge in some winter comfort food. Like this baked custard:
16. Or this mouth-watering twice-cooked chicken stew:
17. Don’t toss those bones! Make this delicious 48-hour broth:
Want to win an adorable handmade, chicken-shaped nose warmer? Enter below and in two weeks, a random winner will be selected and emailed the good news!